Dallas // Texas
For more than 50 years, Huckabee has designed learning environments in Texas. We are one of the fastest growing architectural / engineering firms in the nation and one of the top firms dedicated to education. We are consistently noted in industry publications for growth, workplace environment and innovation, recently being named one of Zweig Group’s Best Firms to Work For. Education is our business. What we do matters. Which is why we hire the best. We’re looking for hard-working, eager and thoughtful candidates who are ready to work in a team environment and create an impact of excellence.
Currently, we are accepting resumes for a talented Interior Designer to join our team. This position requires a License in interior design. At Huckabee, the Interior Designer will work under the direction of a Design Director and in tangent with a Project Architect with responsibilities for projects’ interior design development. The position will offer the candidate opportunities to grow within the firm and thrive in an innovative, fast-paced and highly collaborative environment. The position requires a minimum 8 years of experience working in the commercial architectural field, including experience taking a project full cycle. Educational facility experience is a plus. The successful candidate will have responsibility in client interaction, interior architectural design development, construction documentation and specification quality assurance from an interior perspective, bidding administration, and construction administration for a wide range of project sizes.
• Experience should demonstrate capacity in design and construction documentation including specifications. This includes a thorough knowledge of contract document organization and tools used to convey information in working drawings.
• Experience in preparation of schematic and design development phase presentation materials.
• Must be self-motivated and able to work in a team environment on a wide range of project sizes.
• Must have excellent organization and communication skills both verbal and graphic in nature and be willing to oversee a small staff of associates.
• Must have the ability to use advanced techniques and work in a fast-paced collaborative environment.
• Must be self-motivated and proficient in Revit.
MORE THAN A CLASSROOM