Huckabee is one of the fastest growing A/E firms in the nation and one of the top educational design firms. We are a mission-driven company that is dedicated to the success of all students. What we do matters, which is why we look for people who share our passion for changing the world through design and who want to create an impact of excellence on education. If you are ready to join our movement, reach out!
Currently we are seeking a talented individual for the role of Cost Estimator to join our team! This position will serve as a resource for construction cost analysis and work closely with project teams.
- Review and revise bond phase estimates for completeness and accuracy
- Track and execute take-offs of construction documents during the design development and construction document phases
- Input take-offs of construction documents into spreadsheets for presentations
- Provide opinions of cost for materials, systems and entire projects based on expertise and understanding construction costs
- Track current construction market as it relates to economics and materials; maintain understanding of K-12 market sector impact
- Prepare cost analysis by recapitulating material, labor, equipment, subcontractor and overhead costs incurred during the construction phase
- When predetermined standards are not available, make an estimate based on expertise and understanding of costs
- Review design estimates or quote estimates for inaccuracies and omissions
- Review Requests for Pricing as required for validation
- Ten years of related experience
- Experience with Bluebeam, and BIM 360, and Microsoft 365
- Exceptional attention to detail