Houston // Texas
For more than 50 years, Huckabee has designed learning environments in Texas. We are one of the fastest growing architectural / engineering firms in the nation and one of the top firms dedicated to education. We are consistently noted in industry publications for growth, workplace environment and innovation, recently being named one of Zweig Group’s Best Firms to Work For. Education is our business. What we do matters. Which is why we hire the best. We’re looking for hard-working, eager and thoughtful candidates who are ready to work in a team environment and create an impact of excellence.
Currently we are seeking a talented individual for the role of Structural Revit Designer to join our team. The Structural Revit Designer will be responsible for preparation of construction documents and drafting support for assigned projects and will ensure that the design and drafting concepts/details are accurately and clearly conveyed on drawings while maintaining strong attention to detail.
• Model and annotate all necessary construction documents in accordance with the approved structural design standards and procedures
• Collaborate with in-house engineers and project consultants to produce construction documents in a timely manner
• Working knowledge of concrete and steel construction
• Assist structural teams with 3D coordination of items for construction and clash detection
• Produce 3D structural Revit models integrated with architectural and MEP Revit models
• Produce structural drawings from engineering sketches and verbal instruction
• Read existing drawings
• Ensure work is completed according to project schedules through effective multi-tasking and prioritization of project tasks
• Associates degree (technical school degree or equivalent preferred)
• Minimum 2 years of experience in Revit
• Experience with Dynamo, Bluebeam, API, and Navisworks preferred
MORE THAN A CLASSROOM