Fort Worth // Texas
For more than 50 years, Huckabee has designed learning environments in Texas. We are one of the fastest growing architectural / engineering firms in the nation and one of the top firms dedicated to education. We are consistently noted in industry publications for growth, workplace environment and innovation, recently being named one of Zweig Group’s Best Firms to Work For. Education is our business. What we do matters. Which is why we hire the best. We’re looking for hard-working, eager and thoughtful candidates who are ready to work in a team environment and create an impact of excellence.
Currently we are seeking a talented individual for the role of Structural Engineer-in-Training to join our team. The Structural EIT, working under one or more licensed Professional Engineers, will be responsible for structural engineering analysis and design of steel, concrete, masonry, light-gage and wood structures, and will participate in production of structural contract drawings.
• Perform structural building analysis and design in compliance with codes based on geotechnical reports
• Produce 3D structural Revit models integrated with architectural Revit models
• Draw plans and details in Revit format
• Coordinate drawings with architectural and Civil/MEP consultant drawings
• Prepare, for PE review, answers to contractor requests for information (RFI’s) and markups of shop drawings
• Perform project site visits within Texas
The position requires the ability to work closely with an integrated multi-discipline team under tight deadlines and communicate clearly (both in writing and verbally), working overtime when requested.
Must have a BS in Civil Engineering with a structural emphasis or Architectural Engineering degree with coursework in the following:
o Mechanics of Materials
o Structural Analysis
o Concrete Design
o Steel Design
o Must have passed the Fundamentals of Engineering exam.
MORE THAN A CLASSROOM