Huckabee is one of the fastest growing A/E firms in the nation and one of the top educational design firms. We are a mission-driven company that is dedicated to the success of all students. What we do matters, which is why we look for people who share our passion for changing the world through design and who want to create an impact of excellence on education. If you are ready to join our movement, reach out!
Currently we are seeking a talented individual for the role of Structural Engineer-in-Training to join our team. The Structural EIT, working under one or more licensed Professional Engineers, will be responsible for structural engineering analysis and design of steel, concrete, masonry, light-gage and wood structures, and will participate in production of structural drawings.
- Assist in the design, coordination, and production of construction documentation and specifications on assigned projects
- Familiar with the structural design and detailing of concrete, steel and masonry building components
- Coordinate structural construction drawings with Architectural, Civil, MEP, and other consultant as required
- Participate in and document project meetings including, but not limited to, architectural design and coordination, geotechnical report meetings, and project coordination meetings
- Conduct constructability and quality control review
- Perform structural design calculations for wood, concrete, structural steel, and masonry structures while following the approved structural design standards and procedures while under the direct supervision of the project structural engineer of record
- Perform Structural Construction Administration tasks including, but not limited to site visits and assessments, assist in field observations and reports, shop drawing review and response to project RFI’s under the direct supervision of the project structural engineer of record
- Produce 3D structural Revit models using integrated Architectural and MEP Revit models for coordination
- 6 months of relevant industry experience preferred
- Active Engineer-in-Training registration
- Successful completion of the Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) Exam
- Master of Science in Civil Engineering with a structural emphasis or Architectural Engineering degree with a structural emphasis
- Completed advanced coursework in Mechanics of Materials, Structural Analysis, Concrete Design, and Steel Design preferred
- Working knowledge in Revit, BIM 360, RAM, Tekla, and Enercalc, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word