Huckabee is one of the fastest growing A/E firms in the nation and one of the top educational design firms. We are a mission-driven company that is dedicated to the success of all students. What we do matters, which is why we look for people who share our passion for changing the world through design and who want to create an impact of excellence on education. If you are ready to join our movement, reach out!
We are currently seeking a Structural Project Engineer who will be responsible for structural engineering analysis and design of steel, concrete, masonry, light-gage, and wood structures and will participate in the production of structural contract drawings, primarily using Revit. The position requires the ability to work closely with an integrated, multi-discipline team under tight deadlines and communicate clearly (both in writing and verbally).
- Responsible for structural design solutions to meet the clients program requirements through building system concepts, framing concepts, lateral design, framing design, foundation design, and specifications
- Familiar with the structural design and detailing of concrete, steel and masonry building components
- Responsible for the structural design and engineering production of assigned projects and/or the delegation of structural engineering tasks and coordination items when being assisted by other structural team members
- Maintain active awareness of production schedule by reviewing assigned projects for completeness/accuracy for minimum content at key project milestones
- Produce and/or supervise the production of 3D structural Revit models using integrated Architectural and MEP Revit models for coordination. This includes providing drafting direction and guidance to the assigned Revit Designer
- Participate in and document project meetings including, but not limited to, architectural design and coordination, geotechnical report meetings, and project coordination meetings
- Coordinate structural construction drawings with Architectural, Civil, MEP, and other consultant as required
- Perform Structural Construction Administration tasks including, but not limited to site visits and assessments, field observations and reports, shop drawing review and response to project RFI’s
- Ability to manage multiple assigned projects with staggered project phases. May occasionally be responsible for multiple concurrent projects
- P.E., and/or SE registration required – must have passed the Fundamentals of Engineering exam
- Three (3) to eight (8) years of progressive work experience in structural engineering, with a minimum of two (2) years of work experience in structural building engineering.
- Professional Master of Science degrees in civil or architectural engineering (with structural focus) from an accredited program with coursework in the following:
- Mechanics of Materials
- Structural Analysis
- Concrete, Masonry, and Steel Design
- Experience in multi-story concrete and steel structures
- Working knowledge in Revit, BIM 360, RAM, Tekla, and Enercalc, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word
- Capable of preforming assigned responsibilities in a fast-paced environment