Huckabee celebrated another great year with our annual Christmas festivities. Not one, not two, but three parties took place for our teams across Texas. More than 400 combined guests—which included employees from our five offices and their loved ones—gathered to enjoy food, fun and togetherness.
This is one of our favorite times of the year, a time when we reflect on the incredible people we’ve met, projects we’ve embarked on and experiences we’ve shared. At each party, there was a deep sense of gratitude in the air. As a firm, we are so thankful for each other, for an incredible 2018 and for the opportunity we have to promote the success of all students.
During the events, our team honored employees for years of service and achievement. Notably, Huckabee recognized Josh Brown, Vice President and Director of Dallas, and Will Smith, Associate Principal, for 15 years of service. Josh and Will have held multiple roles within Huckabee, both providing impact to our team and clients.
Congratulations to Josh, Will and all of our colleagues who were recognized for their years of service!
- Josh Brown, 15 years of service
- Will Smith, 15 years of service
- Devin Wilson, 10 years of service
- Brian Eilerts, five years of service
- Matthew Perez, five years of service
- Becky Petter, five years of service
- Heather Bryce, five years of service
- Jason Andrus, five years of service
- Mike Vermeeren, five years of service
- Ray Dameron, five years of service
- Hans Schmidt, five years of service
- Josh Gomez, five years of service
- Ricardo Davalos, five years of service
- Konrad Judd, five years of service
- David Anderson, five years of service
- Kerri Ranney, five years of service
- Crystal Vasquez, five years of service
- Kenny Martin, five years of service
- Walter Medrano, five years of service
- Heather Barksdale, five years of service
- John Papa, five years of service
- Susan Carter, five years of service
This year, Mike Hall, our Austin Director of Design, was honored with the Huckabee Achievement Award; this prestigious award recognizes an individual who is characterized by their dedication to our clients and our team. Mike embodies our core values; he consistently demonstrates exceptional client focus and always looks to improve our firm.
This year’s WHOA Award was bestowed on Jeff Bryant, Regional Structural Engineer, in Fort Worth. The WHOA Award is a special distinction that recognizes an individual who “took hold of the reins” and expertly guided the team with wisdom, integrity and spirit; the award honors the legacy of Jerry Hammerlun, a dear colleague and friend who left us too early in 2017. Jeff was critical to our team this year, and we were pleased to recognize his unwavering integrity, ability to manage challenges and commitment to excellence.