NEWS // 12.08.21
Huckabee celebrates colleagues through annual Achievement and Service Awards
During our annual Christmas presentation, the Huckabee team took a moment to pause and reflect on the blessings and accomplishments of the past year. This included recognizing our colleagues as part of the 2021 Huckabee Achievement and Service Awards.
“Every day I wake-up feeling blessed to work with incredible people. Each of the individuals we recognized today have made an impact on Huckabee from the moment they stepped through our doors. It’s my pleasure to celebrate their commitment to our mission, clients and the entire Huckabee family.” —Christopher M. Huckabee, Chief Executive Officer
Huckabee presents two achievement awards each year: the WHOA Award and the Huckabee Achievement Award.
The WHOA Award is a special distinction that recognizes an individual who “took hold of the reins” and expertly guided the team with wisdom, integrity and spirit. It is presented each year in memory of our friend and colleague, Jerry Hammerlun, who passed away in 2017. This year’s award was presented to Corrie Hood, a Principal in our Fort Worth office.
The Huckabee Achievement Award recognizes an individual who is characterized by their commitment to excellence and dedication to our clients and to our team. It is the pinnacle recognition that can be achieved at Huckabee. LaShae Baskin, Principal and Director of Austin, was nominated by her peers as this year’s Achievement Award recipient.
Employees are recognized for years of service at 5, 10, 15, 20, 25 years and beyond. This year, we had the chance to celebrate 33 Huckabee-ans, in addition to celebrating the retirement of our longest-tenured employee, Mike King, who has impacted education for the last 41 years at Huckabee.
5 Year Service Awards
- Bryan Acomb, Project Architect
- Andria Barton, Interior Designer
- Paul Bienvenu, Director of Information Technology
- Alex Bowman, Architectural Associate
- Joshua Cogburn, Principal
- Amber Davis, Accounting Administrator
- Dianna Freeman, Architectural Associate
- Jose Galindo, Director of Digital Practice
- Nathan Geier, Project Architect
- Charles Griffiths, Construction Manager
- Bergen Hashemian, Marketing and Business Development Manager
- Andrew Huckabee, Chief Financial Officer
- Kelsey Huckabee, Employee Development Manager
- Zephyr Hudgins, Project Leader
- Greg Louviere, Director of Design
- Gigi Morgan, Project Architect
- Ross Morgan, Project Architect
- Caitlin Munch, Project Architect
- Fay Perez, Project Architect
- Markita Richardson, Architectural Associate
- Jason Scott, Senior Architect
- Marie Sheen, Project Leader
10 Year Service Awards
- Kim Hopper, Chief Administrative Officer
- Benchmark Harris, Vice President of Engineering
- Eric Ramirez, Structural Construction Administrator
15 Year Service Awards
- Aubrey Slaybaugh, Principal
- Jesus Rodriguez, Architectural Associate
- Jason Stevenson, Senior Architect
20 Year Service Awards
- Casey Casstevens, Director of Design
- Brad Freas, Senior Construction Observer
- Jaime Hughes, Project Accounting Specialist
25 Year Service Awards
- Tom Lueck, Chief Operations Officer
- Tracy Hardcastle, Senior Construction Observer
Huckabee is exclusively dedicated to education; and each of our team members share a passion for this meaningful work. It is our pleasure to take a moment and recognize those whose contributions impact education year after year.